This is a wonderful historical Christmas romance that will have you mouth-watering with all the sweet talk of baked goods. This is the first Hardman Holiday series of books that I have read but after meeting some of the characters in this book I really would love to read more about this great little town. Shanna Hatfield has such a way with words and her description has you feeling like you can taste and smell the delicious food being described during this story. Her characters are full of interest and history that will keep you turning the page to learn more and more. I have received an advance copy of this book and this is my voluntary and honest review that I would highly recommend to others to read. I have read a few of Shanna’s books lately and have enjoyed everyone as they always give me that happy feeling when I read and after it ends.
Fred Decker has wanted to leave the town in which he was born into after his parent’s death and to start anew from his father’s outlaw life and his mother illness. There is someone or something that has been stopping him from doing so, and the desire to improve his life and help the people that helped him make him stay a bit longer in Hardman. From the day the new owner of the bakery moved into town Fred has been attracted to her and her cooking, but who would want the likes of him, so he buries himself into improving his house and working around town.
Elsa Lindstrom has moved to town with her twin brother Ethan to run the bakery and has dedicated her life to making their business a success over everything else in life. She is delighted to create new delicious bakes good for the town people and for one of her regular customers Fred Decker. But she does not dream of a future with anyone a good and as kind as Fred, but as life deals her a few drama-filled events she just may rethink her plans for the future.
Fred gets an unexpected surprise that will bring him both joy and worry as he tries to do the best for everyone else in town. He believes he is all alone and doesn’t deserve or need love or family in his life. But his past will return and cause more than just trouble for Fred.
˃˃˃ Enjoy all the books in the Hardman Holidays series!
* The Christmas Bargain (Book 1) When Luke Granger calls in a long overdue loan, he reluctantly accepts a bargain in lieu of payment from the shiftless farmer who barters his daughter to settle his debt. http://amzn.to/2BOqGLx
* The Christmas Token (Book 2) - Determined to escape an unwelcome suitor, Ginny Granger flees to her brother’s home in Eastern Oregon for the holiday season. The last thing she expects is to encounter the boy she once loved; her exile proves to be anything but restful. http://amzn.to/2BR7SLC
* The Christmas Calamity (Book 3) Arlan Guthry's uncluttered world tilts off kilter when the beautiful and enigmatic prestidigitator Alexandra Janowski arrives in town, spinning magic and trouble in her wake as the holiday season approaches. http://amzn.to/2iN6zG4
* The Christmas Vow (Book 4) Sailor Adam Guthry returns home to bury his best friend and his past, only to fall once more for the girl who broke his heart. http://amzn.to/2iL0KZN
* The Christmas Quandary (Book 5) In need of a place to recuperate from a work injury, Tom Grove heads home for the holidays. He didn’t plan on his parents acting like lovesick newlyweds, being asked to teach at the school, or falling in love. http://amzn.to/2iKuRAr
* The Christmas Confection (Book 6) Will Hardman's sweet baker be able to soften Fred Decker's hardened heart in time for a Christmas miracle? http://amzn.to/2iKet2V
6 Box set link - http://amzn.to/2A6Orhw
US - http://amzn.to/2iKet2V
UK - http://amzn.to/2B8n0r6