My very first visit to Baker City was Lightning and Lawmen (Book 5) where I just fell in love with this town and the characters that live there. I do not always start a series at book one and this is one of those times when the title and cover grabbed my attention while roaming through my kindle a day or two ago. As I find with most of Shanna Hatfield's book they leave you with a real feel good feeling at the end and has you wanted to read another one to learn more about the town and town folk.
I love Maggie Dalton’s character as she is a strong and independent woman that has made a life for herself since the death of her husband. She sees no need for a man in her life as she has the friendship of her best friends in Baker City and her striving business as a dressmaker. But of late she has found it harder to ignore the comments and attempts of friendship by a particular Scottish lumber mill owner.
Ian MacGregor has been taken with the widow Mistress Dalton since in stepped into town to take over the lumber mill he brought without seeing the business first. Knowing her past he has vowed to wait to win her over and give her time to see him as something more than a possible friend.
Can two headstrong personalities find an equal footing together to find a life full of love and happiness?
Or will one standby there words and promises?
If you love sweet, funny, tender romance, read all the Baker City Brides books!
* Tad's Treasure (Prequel to the series) - Tad Palmer makes a promise to his dying friend to watch over the man’s wife and child. Will his heart withstand the vow when he falls in love with the widow and her son?
* Crumpets and Cowpies (Book 1) - Rancher Thane Jordan is about it meets his match in the lovely Lady Jemma Bryan.
* Thimbles and Thistles (Book 2) - Maggie Dalton doesn't need a man, especially not one as handsome as charming as Ian MacGregor.
* Corsets and Cuffs (Book 3) - Sheriff Tully Barrett meets his match when a pampered woman comes to town, catching his eye and capturing his heart.
* Bobbins and Boots (Book 4) - Carefree cowboy Ben Amick ventures into town to purchase supplies, and returns home married to another man’s mail-order bride.
* Lightning and Lawmen (Book 5) - Will her fears, his doubts, or his best friend keep Dugan Durfey from the woman he loves?